Κρατήστε επαφή με τα Χέρια Βοηθείας κι ενημερωθείτε για νέας μας κάνοντας μια γρήγορη εγγραφή στο newsletter μας.
Keep in touch with Helping Hands and learn more about our upcoming news by registering to our newsletter.
Helping Hands is a Christian, Humanitarian, non-Profit Organization.
It is legally recognized by Athens First Instance Court, with license number 3726/1993, located in Athens, Greece
The key person for the foundation of Helping Hands was Scott McCracken, director of “International Teams in Athens”. Scott came to Greece with his wife, Vicki and his daughter Kendra in 1990 in order to work among Kurdish refugees in Pendeli, Attiki. Soon, his vision took a new stand.
In order for this vision to have potential, a Greek legal organization run by Greeks that mobilizes Greek Christians to work amongst refugees located in Athens, as well as other areas, had to be established. In fact, his goal was for it to become a fully Greek ministry, where foreign volunteers will be able to assist, but would be run by Greeks.
Thus, in June 1993, Helping Hands was founded by Greeks and foreign Christians, with a Greek three-member Board of Trustees.
Helping Hands consist of a team of missionaries from different parts of the world, whose love for refugees brought them all to Athens. They support, in cooperation with the Board, daily programs in all aspects of care that we provide to our refugees.
At the moment, Helping Hands is administered by:
• A five-member Board Directors which oversees the ministry. Its members are Greeks that are elected every two years.
• A Greek Director.
• A four-member leadership Team which is selected by the Director and the Board.
The current Board of Directors who has been elected on January 2020 consists of:
To see the community of refugees in greater Athens area transformed by the power of God. No-one is invisible and everyone has access to food, freedom and forgiveness.
To bring people together to reveal Jesus to refugees by demonstrating and proclaiming the gospel, planting gospel seeds in the lives of refugees across greater Athens area that take root and bear the fruit of life transformation in Jesus Christ.
Helping Hands members are coming from different Christian Faiths (confessions), but are united in the fundamental doctrines of the Holy Bible as they are summarized in the “Nicene Creed of Faith”.
1. I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
2. And in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages. Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one essence with the Father, through whom all things were made.
3. For us and for our salvation, He came down from heaven and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man.
4. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and He suffered and was buried.
5. On the third day He rose according to the Scriptures.
6. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
7. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.
8. And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of Life, who proceeds from the Father, who together with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified, who spoke through the prophets.
9. In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.
10. I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
11. I expect the resurrection of the dead.
12. And the life of the age to come.
From September 1999. Helping Hands operates as its property located at Sofokleious 53D, 1st floor, in Athens under the name “Athens Refugee Center”.
In November 2018, a property was donated to us at 94 Eolou str. Athens, 5th floor, which operates as a center for teaching languages, reading scripture, art lessons and social gatherings.
Change Language To: Greek English